I've said it before and I'll say it again. One of the best ways to save money is to have a menu plan. Coming up with dinner ideas week after week, although, can get difficult. At our house we have a tendency to get stuck on the same half-dozen meals over and over. No More!
In an effort to be more organized in the kitchen I brainstormed 6-weeks worth of dinner ideas with a theme for each day of the week. For accountability I've decided to share our weeks menu here. That way you can see that eating frugally doesn't mean we eat soup with saltines all the time. And, I have to make a menu plan every week!
So here goes. This is what we are planning for this week:
- Monday - Tortillas:
- Tuesday - Easy:
- Wednesday - Pasta:
- Thursday - Soup:
- Friday - Chicken:
- Saturday - Beef:
- Sunday - Nice:
- Fajitas, Beans and Rice, Chips and Salsa
- Tomato Soup, Grilled Cheese Sandwiches, Spinach Salad
- Lasagna, Breadsticks, Caesar Salad
- Minestrone, Fresh Bread, Cheese, Fruit Plate
- Chicken and Rice, Green Beans, Rolls
- Hamburgers, Oven Fries, Green Salad
- Grandma's House (aren't we lucky!)
Hopefully this will inspire you with new ideas when you are approached with the old question "Mom! What's for dinner!" If you need more help check out Organizing Junkie's round up of 500+ weekly menu plans.