Monday, January 5, 2009

Insert Highlights: 4 January 2009


Holy Coupons Batman!  Lots of coupons this week.  Here are a couple of things I noticed:
  • $1.00/1 Johnson's Baby or Buddies Product - My kids favorite soap is the Buddies Bars.  They are around $.97 at Walmart, Target and Smith's.  Yeah Free Soap!

  • $2.50/1 Finish-Electrasol Powerball Tabs, Gelpacs or Quantum - I'm so happy we got these.  I just finished the last box I had in storage.  Walmart has the Gelpacs and Powerball 20 ct. (be on the lookout for the bonus boxes - 25 ct.) for $3.50, but I'm willing to bet they'll go on sale for less.

  • $.75/1 Colgate Adult Manual Toothbrush - Walmart has Colgate toothbrushes for $.96.  I think I will start a new stash for humanitarian kits.

  • $.75/1 Colgate Toothpaste - Wait for a 10 for $10 sale and you'll get a great price for toothpaste.

  • 1/2 Price Rebate OFFER - Lots of products, but I was most interested in the Flintstones Vitamins.  Looks like they'll give you 1/2 price after coupons up to $10.  So, if I combine the rebate with the Walgreens Deal my vitamins will end up giving me $1.50 ea. (or if, like me, you have yet to find a Walgreens Coupon/Coloring book - $.50 ea.)  Here's my math:
    • Buy 4 @ $5 ea. = $20
      Use 4 $1/1 MFQ = ($4) = $16
      Submit for Rebate 1/2 of $16 = ($8) = $8
      Get $10 Register Reward from Walgreens = ($10) = ($2)
      So, $2 in my pocket for buying 4 Vitamins.
      Clear as mud?
Find a spreadsheet version of this insert here (including the P&G from last week) and an explanation of why I do this here.

No comments: