Monday, May 18, 2009

Menu Plan Monday

I've been working on updating and simplifying my household system and I decided my menu planning needed some tweaking.  Trying to stick to a ridged schedule hasn't been working for me lately.  While I was sick I simply cooked whatever I felt up to making from a short list of stuff we had on hand (plus way to much eating out!).  So, I figured I would keep with that routine and just have a set of meals ready for the week that we can eat any night.

Here is what we are planning for this week:
  • Grandma's House - this is fixed for Sunday
  • Out to Eat - for my daughter's birthday
  • Sweet & Sour Chicken, Rice, Green Salad, Fruit Plate
  • Sloppy Joes, Chips, Carrots, Dip
  • Shredded Beef Tacos, Beans & Rice, Chips & Salsa
  • Marinated Steak, Baked Potato, Steamed Veggies, Rolls
  • Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo, Caesar Salad, Breadsticks
I've also found it really nice to have a listing of possible Breakfast, Lunch and Healthy Snack ideas listed on my fridge (thank you Money Saving Mom).  The list is helping to keep us from boredom and from running out to the fast food joints.

Check out Organizing Junkie's roundup of 500+ menu plans for more inspiration on what to make for dinner.

No comments: